Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Transit Pass

Well, I'm getting to be a pro at riding the šalina (tram). I can even jump between the trams, buses and street cars now. It is a little bit of a challenge still when I need to go some place I haven't been yet but that is part of the adventure. Full transit schedules are only available from the main office, from 9 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday. I tried looking online but the links don't work. Oh well.

Regardless, last Saturday, I took my passport and a photo down to the transit office and purchased a 3-month pass. The clerk spoke Czech and German so we did everything in German. It cost 1.300 Kč (~$70.25) and it is valid from 11-07-09 until 10-10-09. All of the dates in Europe are written day-month-year. It can be a little confusing at times.

You must have your transit pass on you when you ride. At any time, an undercover transit cop and ask to see it. If you don't have then they can fine you 700 Kč (around $35) on the spot.

I don't have to fiddle around with getting tickets any more. And I can jump on and off as much as I want. A good buy, for sure. Plus it allows me to do a lot more exploring. But the cool thing is that now I have an official Czech picture ID, of sorts, so I can leave my passport at home instead of taking it with me all over town.

No comments:

Post a Comment